Oak View Group
OVG's mission is to disrupt, develop, and deliver the world's best venues and experiences. In seven short years , we have built and opened four arenas in major markets and expanded to five offices across North American & Europe. OVG 360, launched in early 2022, manages, operates, and provides hospitality services for over 400 venues, on four different continents.
The Sales Manager is responsible for assisting in the overall execution of the Terre Haute Convention Centers sales initiatives for the local Terre Haute market, regional Indiana and midwest and National market, including, but not limited to corporate meetings, conferences, weddings, and special events. The Sales Manager will actively prospect and work directly with the client on rates and terms of the contract and convey information to all departments. The Sales Manager should have strong verbal and written communications skills, the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, be self-governed and self-motivated, and possess a basic understanding of event sales, public relations, event marketing and special event planning and execution. The Sales Manager is an intricate part of the team and is expected to recognize the value and benefits of teamwork. Open lines of communication within the team are vital to its success and that of the company. The Manager should be active in the community and participate in community events.
This role will pay a wage of $40,000 to $50,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
About the Venue
The Terre Haute Convention Center is a premier full-service event venue located in downtown Terre Haute, Indiana. Our facility is a flexible state-of-the-art venue that can accommodate your occasion, whether it is large or small and our team is ready to assist you every step of the way.
The space offers 22,000 sq. ft. of event space with a beautiful Grand Ballroom located on the first floor. Featuring 12,500 sq. ft. of flexible ballroom space with the ability to seat up to 1,000 attendees for large general seating or 700 attendees in a banquet set. The second story of our facility welcomes you with additional breakout space with natural lighting and a large conference room that overlooks Wabash Avenue.
The Terre Haute Convention Center is connected to a hotel and attached parking garage and offers in-house catering with customizable and portable walls, as well as a loading dock, dance floor and staging area. Audio visual equipment and video conferencing services are available for use, and complimentary WiFi is accessible throughout.
Our experienced event managers will work with you from start to finish, and provide exceptional customer service that wants every event to be a success.
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to):
- Performs related work as assigned by Director of Sales and General Manager.
- Meets specified goals and objectives for venue usage by promoting the convention center to all potential clients; conducts venue tours; answers questions and provides information regarding venue services, policies and procedures; and assists clients in finalizing booking arrangements
- Primary sales contact for all groups within assigned market(s).
- Ability to exercise independent judgement to determine pricing for events using yield management techniques.
- Set appointments and make outside calls to potential clients.
- Make solicitation calls, assist with promotions and direct mail activities
- Researches, identifies and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the venue.
- Attend industry events and tradeshows as may be required.
- Prepare written proposals, event contracts, sales folders, sales kits, event diagrams, and correspondence to clients.
- Enter and maintain complete and accurate information into EBMS, facility booking CRM.
- Participates in the development of newsletters and other marketing materials as needed.
- Prepare reports, correspondence, memoranda, and agreements and forecast projections.
- Provide assistance and staff support to the Director of Sales.
- Serve as a liaison with industry representatives, the general public and other convention center departments and divisions.
- Prepare and deliver verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Working as a Manager on Duty (MOD) as required and at time during events as needed.
- Assist in the development of and work self-promoted events as required.
- Analyzing competitors and target markets
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
- Actively participate on internal committees.
- Work directly and seamlessly with hotel partners and CVB.
- Travel to regional areas throughout the year in search of new business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible sales experience for an arena, convention center, sports franchise, hotel or other similar public assembly or hospitality facility, including supervisory responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university with major course works in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Has a strong track record of building relationships and generating new business
- Excellent organizational skills, leadership skills, customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and positive thinker
- Experience with event scheduling and booking procedures a plus.
- Accurate financial reporting.
- Strong management, sales, motivational & organizational skills
- Strong PC and data processing skills; working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, as well as database management software
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
OVG360 provides a set of unmatched services, resources and expertise designed to deliver unparalleled results that elevate every aspect of the venue. Service-oriented and driven by social responsibility, OVG360 helps facilities drive value through excellence and innovation in food services, booking and content development, sustainable operations, public health and public safety and more.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.