Oak View Group
Oak View Group (OVG) is the world’s leading arena development, management, and hospitality company founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff to disrupt business as usual. As the largest developer of sports and entertainment facilities in the world, OVG prioritizes the way we do business focusing on making long-term investments in our people and our planet. We focus on building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive workplace. Each day our team members around the world and throughout our local communities work together to provide the greatest experience to our fans and partners.
We celebrate and support a strong, transparent, authentic and inclusive culture focused around four core values:
- We treat each other fairly and with respect.
- We act with integrity.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- We give back to our global community.
The Event Manager will manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event. He/she will create event plans and diagrams, guide clients through the planning process and execution of the event. The EM is responsible for ensuring overall customer and attendee satisfaction and experience.
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000yr
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
About the Venue
The Terre Haute Convention Center is a premier full-service event venue located in downtown Terre Haute, Indiana. Our facility is a flexible state-of-the-art venue that can accommodate your occasion, whether it is large or small and our team is ready to assist you every step of the way.
The space offers 22,000 sq. ft. of event space with a beautiful Grand Ballroom located on the first floor. Featuring 12,500 sq. ft. of flexible ballroom space with the ability to seat up to 1,000 attendees for large general seating or 700 attendees in a banquet set. The second story of our facility welcomes you with additional breakout space with natural lighting and a large conference room that overlooks Wabash Avenue.
The Terre Haute Convention Center is connected to a hotel and attached parking garage and offers in-house catering with customizable and portable walls, as well as a loading dock, dance floor and staging area. Audio visual equipment and video conferencing services are available for use, and complimentary WiFi is accessible throughout.
Our experienced event managers will work with you from start to finish, and provide exceptional customer service that wants every event to be a success.
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to):
- Plan, detail, and is on-site point of contact for client
- Create and distribute event resume sheets prior to every event
- Participate in production meetings to discuss upcoming events
- Create event diagrams for clients
- Function as a liaison between users of the facility and the facility staff
- Coordinate Food and Beverage needs with the catering department
- Assist sales with event logistics for closing proposals
- Provide leadership and guidance for event personnel
- Work with outside vendors for scheduling equipment or building move in for event decorating
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with lessees/clients, co-workers, part-time staff, contractors, patrons/public and municipal officials
- Work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends & holidays as needed
- Schedule event security as needed
- Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork & dedication to Spectra’s principles
- Assist in the preparation of room sets as needed to meet the requirements of upcoming events/shows
- Assist with the completion of pre-show event financial estimates as needed
- Assist with the completion of post-show event settlements and invoices
- Advise lessees on services available from independent contractors for events
- Train with other event staff and train new event staff as they come on
- Investigate and resolve event-related complaints in a professional manner ensuring customer satisfaction
- Communicate with municipal officials, including police, fire and medical services, event staff and the public to ensure the security of patrons and events run smoothly
- Assist with parking garage management as it pertains to events
- Actively participate on internal committees and customer service program
- Assist marketing by obtaining event marketing materials as needed for events taking place
- Review emergency planning procedures with all event staff and clients as needed
- Serve as Manager on Duty as scheduled
- Experience with AutoCAD, Event Draw, or Social Table is preferred but not required
- Customer Service Orientated
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
OVG360 provides a set of unmatched services, resources and expertise designed to deliver unparalleled results that elevate every aspect of the venue. Service-oriented and driven by social responsibility, OVG360 helps facilities drive value through excellence and innovation in food services, booking and content development, sustainable operations, public health and public safety and more.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.