Wabash Valley Neighbors Helping Neighbors Coordinator
Full Job Description
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a great non-profit organization doing important work in our community, please consider applying for the Wabash Valley Neighbors Helping Neighbors Coordinator position at United Way of the Wabash Valley (UWWV).
The Wabash Valley Neighbors Helping Neighbors (WVNHN) Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for developing, organizing, and working to grow United Way’s WVNHN program while overseeing and maintaining its associated technology platform. The WVNHN program will match residents who have small fix-it projects with volunteers who have the skills and time to repair them. In addition to providing home repairs, WVNHN will serve as a way for residents to connect with one another, and to feel safe and cared for. The position works in partnership with volunteers and collaborative partners to implement an effective community program.
This is a fully grant-funded position over 2 years. Although the grant is ending in 2025, the organization’s plan is that additional funding will be obtained to extend the project and employment.
- Responsible for project listings for volunteer engagement. This includes the vetting and coordination of project applications that are added to the program’s online platform. Working with program clients to accurately list project details and ensure project validity utilizing program policies and procedures.
- Oversee the intake, mobilization, and required stewardship of WVNHN program volunteers, including development of supporting materials and collaterals when needed.
- Community outreach for both project listings and volunteer recruitment, including but not limited to speaking at local organizations about the program, working with UWWV marketing department on promotional materials, and program partnership development.
- Work with technology vendor to implement program technology to its highest capability. Update program platform as needed and provide back-end assistance to registered users.
Critical Skills & Abilities
- Communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; conveys information effectively; listens well. Position requires extensive and independent contact/communications with volunteers.
- Organization and planning skills: Able to manage multiple activities; determines urgency in a meaningful and practical way; creates plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Strong project management ability: Able to develop plans that are effective in attaining established goals; garners resources and defines processes to complete project; manages progress and implements mid-stream changes, as needed.
- Demonstrated analytical skills: Able to gather relevant data using appropriate methodologies and analyze that data in such a manner that valid conclusions and insinuations can be drawn that assist in making important business decisions.
- Technology: Proficient in using computers and technology as a daily tool for role-related tasks research, communications, and contact management.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will possess experience in a non-profit human service or community development position. Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of current automobile insurance.
Hours and Compensation
- Full-time (40 hours per week), FLSA non-exempt position
- Typical working hours will be M-F 8am-4:30pm. This work could require after-hours and/or weekend engagements. As a non-exempt employee, flexibility in days and start/end times will be permitted.
- Hourly starting range is $16.00 - $17.00 based on candidate credentials and experience.
- The position is eligible for UWWV benefits, vacation, and holiday pay.
PLEASE PROVIDE A COVER LETTER.
We would like to hear how your education and experience meet or exceed the requirements of the position. Include in your cover letter your skills and experience in the following areas: teamwork, volunteer management, communication, and community involvement.
Please apply HERE. You may also mail or drop off hard copies at:
United Way of the Wabash Valley
Attn: Abby Desboro
100 S. 7th St.
Terre Haute, IN 47807
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Apply early for first consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance