Deming Before-After School Program Coordinator
THE TERRE HAUTE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
Job Title: Deming Before-After School Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Early Childhood Program Manager
Department: Education Hours: 24-40 hours per week in the school year, Monday-Friday at least 2-6:30 p.m.
● Creates and oversees implementation of before and after school program for 4 and 5 year old children at Deming Early Learning Center from 6:30-8:00 a.m. and 2:45-6:00 p.m.
● Ensures that all programs are executed effectively and safely to ensure family and school satisfaction and achievement of museum program goals.
● Helps train volunteers and staff on educational program content, group management skills, and facilitator protocol for programs at Deming.
● Provides direct supervision of volunteer, work study, and contract program facilitators.
● Maintains accurate records of attendance, security issues, and parent communication.
● Manages communication with parents about the program.
● Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education, early childhood, museum education, recreation or related area of study
● Minimum of one year experience educating preschool children and/or developing active learning programs in an informal educational environment
● STEM related expertise and/or experience preferred
● Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
● Excellent writing skills
● Volunteer management experience
● Proven leadership skills
● Self-motivated and responsible
● Outstanding organizational skills
● Comfortable with active, open-ended, busy learning environments
● Ability to work cohesively with a team for common goals
● Appreciates the value of play
● Computer competency especially with MS Office and Google Drive
● Valid driver’s license Supervision Received: The Deming Before-After School Program Coordinator will report to the Early Childhood Program Manager.
Supervision Exercised: Supervises contract, volunteer museum educators, and/or work study students.
● Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
● Be physically active for 4 hours a day during program implementation.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
If this position applies to you, send your resume to email@example.com