Summer Program Manager
Job Title: Summer Program Manager
Supervisor: Director of Education
Classification: Hourly 30-35 hours/week
Term: May 24- Aug 13, 2021
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Plan and implement Museum in the Park program for children 1st-6th grades.
- Co-teach Summer Science Camp for 3 weeks and one day Learning Labs (5 sessions).
- Supervise and manage the counselor or volunteer.
- Create a safe and engaging atmosphere for students.
- Conduct appropriate behavior management of students.
- Serve as contact between parents and students.
- Must be available Monday-Friday.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of youth work.
- Planning and implementing STEM programs in an educational or recreational setting.
- Knowledge of science, math, and /or engineering.
- Possess a warm, friendly, patient, positive attitude with plenty of energy.
- Proficient understanding of STEM and must be comfortable teaching these principles to children K-6th grades.
- Able to work around children and adults of different ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Able to think on feet and adjust to unexpected occurrences in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct self in a professional and respectful manner around parents, students, and staff.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills for programming and administration.
- Eager to expand knowledge about subject matter and how to engage children in learning.
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location