The Loan Closer is responsible for processing and closing mortgage and installment loans in accordance with Bank guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Calculate settlement statements.
- Send settlement statements and GFE to title company.
- Prepare mortgage and consumer loan documents.
- Provide closing services on Helocs, construction loans, installments, Bank properties, cash closings.
- Data input for Consumer loans.
- Organize documents in their proper place in the file once the closing is completed.
- Complete wiring instruction.
- Obtain insurance and payoffs for closing.
- Verify employment for borrowers.
- Prepare loan checks.
- Complete HMDA information.
- Prepare loans in progress report bi-weekly.
- Collect year end data and prepare the CRA report binder for the Bank and Public CRA files for Bank and all branches for annual Board approval.
- Prepare labels for closing folders.
- File information with Real Indiana.
- Acquire and maintain Indiana Notary Public status.
- Participate in community events and organizations as a representative of THSB.
- Comply with all Bank policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Completed High School diploma or GED.
- Previous banking experience in areas of mortgage lending, loan review, credit analysis, loan administration, lending, loan regulatory compliance or credit underwriting strongly preferred.
- ACH and HMDA experience preferred.
- Freddie and FHA-VA closing experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of general banking products and procedures.
- Good knowledge of all areas in the consumer and loan area department.
- Knowledge of loan documents.
- Ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Exhibit good judgment in decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and take control of processes and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with colleagues, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established time frames.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Mathematical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Data entry
- Basic computer operation and knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs.
- Knowledge of various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Regulation E, Regulation Z, Fair Lending, Regulation C, Regulation X, Selected CFPB Regulations.
- Transporting files up to 25lbs.
- Able to lift, stretch and be mobile for this position.
The Hometown Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Banking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Loan Closing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply, visit https://www.thsb.com/home/about-us/careers