A Bank Teller provides excellent customer service for The Hometown Savings Bank customers by meeting their banking needs and referring them to appropriate departments within the bank.
- Greeting the public and providing excellent customer service.
- Process and examine checking and savings deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Issue cashier’s checks.
- Accept loan, county property tax, FICA payments.
- Balance and update savings passbooks, and close accounts when requested.
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Process cash advances, redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Open and check the night and ATM deposits.
- Process tax and safe deposit payments
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- Correspondence with Brinks personnel concerning ATM canisters.
- Verify money going into the vault and balancing the vault.
- Ensure of appropriate scanning into Cold Storage.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Cash handling or sales experience preferred.
- Prior Customer Service experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Mathematical skills
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies.
- Basic knowledge of bank loan, trust, and investment center products.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to cross sell in store branches.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Lift up to 50lbs of coin when needed.
- Occasional lifting of storage boxes may also be necessary.
The Hometown Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Banking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Cash handling: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply, visit https://www.thsb.com/home/about-us/careers